Monday, March 27, 2017

I have been away from computers recently so I haven't been writing.  I have been suffering from 4 weeks of cluster migraines and screen time seems to be one of my triggers.

I wanted to talk about time management.  Right now, I feel like I'm so overwhelmed.  As a teacher, I'm contractually required to work a 35-40 hour week depending on meetings and other obligations.  This is average for full time jobs across all professions.  But, as a teacher I also have to spend time outside of school correcting, planning, cutting, pasting, laminating, decorating my bulletin boards, analyzing data, and writing reports.  As a special education teacher I also have a boatload of paperwork on top of all that.  This definitely takes up most of my week.  But, as a single, new teacher I also have to do other small jobs to try and supplement my income so that I can live a decent life.  Where do you find the time!?

I find that I need to stay very organized so that I don't miss a deadline.  I love love love my Erin Condren planner (no this is not sponsored or a plug, it's just the truth)  I use the less common, horizontal theme.  It gives me room to keep track of meetings, appointments, tutoring, and my personal life, while still having room for my to do list, goals, and workouts.  I also use different colored pens and Flair felt tips to organize my calendar by categories, work is one color, second job stuff is another, personal is pink! and then doctors appointments are their own color.

I try to do most of my TpT work on the weekends, while during the week I focus on completing coursework so that I can earn more graduate credits and move up the teacher pay scale.

I am the type of person who needs to stay hyper vigilant or I will forget everything, lose everything, and miss deadlines.  I am a big fan of calendars and to do lists.

Please, please, please share any organization tips that you have.  I am constantly looking for new ways to keep my life running.

No comments:

Post a Comment